2013-04-28

Hiroshima Kashihaku 2013

"The National Confectionary Exposition is the largest confectionary fair in Japan, and is held once approximately every 4 years in various locations throughout the nation. Along with passing the history and culture of confectionaries along to the next generation, it also serves in promoting the confectionary industry and related industries, and invigorating the economy of the host area." -Kashihaku 2013 Website
Tada! The Hiroshima National Confectionary Expo was finally held in Hiroshima again after almost 100 years! So lucky for this spring-summer term I did not have to go outside Hiroshima for this big expo. ^^ We went there by walking from Hiroshima Station. Since it was weekend, there were so many people had the same intention: spent the weekend to go to Hiroshima Kashihaku.


The ticket!
Yeah, as you can see, the price of ticket is expensive, Y 2000. There was much cheaper ticket, for Y 1000 you could go in, called evening ticket. But since it only sold at 5 or 6 in the evening at weekdays, and there's no one would accompany me at that kind of time, I decided to go in a group.

I expected that I could try all the free okashii (snack) there, but, I had to wait for like, 3 hours just to get free snacks and bought some traditional snack T^T Finally we just go around and try some snack but not for free T^T

In this expo, there are so many snacks and candies from all over Japan, old and new ones. Unfortunately, as I said before, there were so many people, so I couldn't take good picture and explored all the regions that took a part.


Traditional Snacks :3

Some regions that taking a part in this expo


Many people >_<


 When we went out from the confectionary tour building, I supposed to get some free anko momiji manju. But the momiji manju was out of stock as it got in my turn T_T These three were lucky!
Sasa, Matsumoto, Amine
 I just bought this Lemon Ice Cream. The day was so hot it melted so fast!



 After filling our stomach with some snacks, we're going to theme park, where things shown there all made by sugar-y things!


Eat me? Eat me not?

"Welcome to our house!"
 And this is the most awesome!


Mini Miyajima!
Next: cake time!




It looked like the same, but actually there were, like, 10 stands for the cake, and each stands, if I am no t mistaken, contained 100 cakes!
***
At 4 o'clock, in the name of getting more free snacks, we went to Hiroshima Gas Stand to make waffles and hearing some safety instruction for using the gas. It actually just for the kids, but then all the exchange student try to cook. The explanation was in Japanese, we just understand by looking at the picture on the wall :D

Free waffles! Nyam

Meet The People of Candy Land! ^^
I wish I could get more free snacks T_T ehehehehehe :D

No comments: