2013-05-22

Golden Week - Kure Trip I

Actually on the beginning of May, I got flu. I did not attend a class for almost one week full. I got fever and sore throat, and I was afraid I could not enjoy my golden week. T^T But thanks God I got better on Friday 3rd, so I could go to museums with Motoki and Sasa :D

It was a long journey. We went to three places, Submarine Museum, Military Base and Yamato Battleship Museum. Ah, actually four places, because the last one we went to eat at the mall :D


First, Submarine Museum. In this place we can see mines, missiles that used in the battlefield, especially in sea and also minesweeper equipment. It also shows the history how Japanese "cleaned" the sea after the war. They used some advanced equipment (at that time). To clean the sea, of course, it need some brave man, because you could die anytime if you failed to defuse the mines.



Submarine Museum

The History of Submarine in Japanese

An Example of Equipment Used in Defuse the Mines

Rifle!

One of Sea Mine
This one of many types of mines in the sea. This picture above is a type of mines that place in continental slope or basin and targeting the submarines. The picture below one of mine ballast. The mine was placed in continental shelf and targeting the ships that approached the land or port.
The Ballast
Before entering the submarine, we went to the replica of submarine in the same building.

The Multi-function Seat
Because the submarine is not spacy, everything in the submarine must be multifunction. Like the seat, the toilet, and also the layout of the submarine.

These are the example of everyday meal in submarine life


The Room in Submarine
The space is too narrow T^T or was it me that just too fat to be in submarine?

Something like control room
The Badge and Level of Marine

Marine Badges from Indonesia :D
to be continued...

No comments: