2013-05-26

Golden Week - Kure Trip III

 This is the inside look from Yamato Battleship Museum. Since I didn't bring my discount card, I have to pay Y 500 to get in there T^T If you have the discount card, you don't have to pay :)

At first I was worried that I could not understand the explanation about Yamato Battleship and its history. But then the guide said that for the foreigner they have audio-set that will "explain" to you in English. They also provide that audio set in Chinese and Korean. So do not worry that you will get 'lost' in that museum :3 I walked around with that audio-set :D

Actually, in first floor, first room, there were history about the war, Japanese-life during the war, and many more, even a film, but I did not know what was the film about. Also, I went there on holiday, so much people in one room and I decided to skip the history part and went straight to the replica of Yamato Battleship.
Replica of Yamato Battleship


Then I walked in to the missiles part. That amazed me. The battleship, of course, brought a lot of missiles, but the pictures below weren't just any missile, it was suicide missiles!


2 person suicide missile

1 person suicide missile
There were also letter from the privates who took a part in suicide mission to their family. I couldn't read the letter, but it's just breaking my heart. But as people who love their country, I guess the family knew that was a must thing to do. 
Some missiles
***
That was the last part of Yamato Battleship Museum. Because I was separated from Sasa and Motoki, I decided to sit in front of  the replica of the battleship. While listening again to the audio-set, I looked through the replica. The war must be a hard time for Japanese. They had to sacrifice so many things, even their life in order to save the country. I myself can not imagine if I were i that situation. Almost everyday living in fear, hearing the sound of gun, and do not forget the Hiroshima-Nagasaki that was bombed.

"Heal the world, make it better place,
for you and for me and the entire human race..."
-Heal the World, Michael Jackson


No comments: