2013-06-14

Asobitai!




Asobitai Project! The elementary school student with the exchange student will be doing some activities together: planting sweet potatoes, harvesting onions and harvesting rice! Since I did not bring my camera, the photos taken by Motoki and Miyahara-san :D

First, planting sweet potatoes (May,11th 2013)
Nicolas, Ojii-san, Me
At this time, Ojii-san tried to speak Japanese with Nicolas, but Nico seemed lost in translation and finally I joined. But since my Japanese is also not good, I just tried my best to translate it in English. T^T I must study harder!

Me, Hyeon-Jin, Sang-Hee
Another Ojii-san explained to Sang-hee and me the proper way to plant the sweet potatoes 
***
Second, Harvesting Onions! (June, 1st 2013)

With the Elementary School Student!
After harvesting all the onions, we had a chance to took it home if we won at Jan-Ken-Pon (Japanese version of Rock-Paper-Scissor game) against the Ojii-san.
Gosia, was the first among the exchange student who won!
There were four students took a part in the JKP game, and we all won! Finally, every student who were there, about 11 people if I'm not mistaken, take 3/4 onions to home :D
***
Third, Planting Rice (June, 8th 2013)
Planting the Rice
Muddy and hot! The perfect combination! :p

Miyahara-san said that fortunately the rice planting was before the rainy season so that there were probably no leeches. But then Amine said he found a leech in the mud. Yikes!

In Indonesia our main dish is always including rice, but I have never gone in the mud and planting it. I just saw it and tried to play with the mud until my grand mother told me to stop. :p But after actually planting it, I just realized the difficulty that farmers go through. Planting the seeds, waiting them to grow up, harvesting it. The field in here is small compare to fields in Indonesia. Not to mention pest that caused the failing of harvesting. Hem...

Lesson learned: if you want to know what is patience, learn from the farmers

No comments: